Do you believe in cheat days?June 19, 2016
Why No Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Gluten EtcJune 20, 2016
- 2 pounds organic ground turkey meat
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6 ounces mushrooms diced
- 2 carrots (grated or finely diced)
- 4 flax eggs (combine 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 15 minutes)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw the spinach and squeeze out the excess water and set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add the oil and fry the onions and mushrooms until the onions are translucent and some of the liquid has cooked out of the mushrooms. Set aside to cool.
- Place the ground meat in a large bowl, add the spinach, carrots, mushroom/onion mixture, flax eggs, coconut flour and all the spices. Use your hands to combine it well but do not over mix to be too thin.
- Fill 18 regular size muffin tins to the top with the meatloaf mixture. (Greasing the tins with coconut oil or lining them may be a good idea if the meat you’re using is fairly lean)
- Cook for 45 minutes.