Can you fix thyroid disease with iodine?February 21, 2016
Here is why your pills don’t workFebruary 28, 2016
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small celery root, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice, drained
- 1/4 small green cabbage, cored and sliced into 1/2 strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rub chicken breasts with 2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. Set aside.
- In a large pot, warm 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, sweet potatoes, celery root, potatoes, and carrots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften and onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, cabbage, and 6 cups water; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Chop cooked chicken breasts and add to the pot, cook until warmed throughout.