Turkey Lettuce WrapsJuly 5, 2016
Vitamin DJuly 11, 2016
Who doesn’t love a good pasta salad? Here’s a good one to use for the summer or any day really. It would be perfect for a school function, bbq, or any kind of outdoor event you need to bring a dish to. :) PS: Kids love it too!
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup small diced red onion
- 1 pound gluten free pasta
- 4 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 (12.5-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 lb cooked and cooled ground organic ground turkey
- 1 (2.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, vinegar, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and pepper together in a large bowl; stir in the bell pepper, tomatoes. and onion and set aside.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain. Add the hot pasta, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, artichokes, and olives to the bowl of dressing. Toss thoroughly to combine. Let sit 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the pasta to cool and the flavors to combine.
- Stir in the ground turkey and parsley. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, or vinegar as needed.
- Cool in fridge for about 3-4 hours before serving.