#1 of 20 Types of FiberFebruary 11, 2016
Chicken Chili VerdeFebruary 20, 2016
- 1 lb 95-97% lean ground grass-fed beef
- 1-2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 3 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 3 cups beans of your choice (black, cannellini, kidney, navy)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 pound washed spinach leaves
- Handful green onions, chopped for garnish
- Handful of cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a large stockpot, cook ground beef with macadamia oil over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently. Drain excess fat. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the onion is cooked and softened.
- Serve warm with garnishes to taste.