This is a lower fat, and healthier version of chicken salad. You can use canned chicken, or leftover grilled chicken.
You can use this chicken salad with carbs like: rice, quinoa, or even a homemade sourdough bread.
Or you can use it on unlimited foods like: lettuce cups, on top of your salad, on zucchini noodles, or on top of tomato slices.
To get more veggies per serving, finely chop and add things you have on hand like spinach, onions, scallions, red peppers, etc. and add it into the chicken salad mixture.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 breast chopped chicken breast, cooked, or 1 can chicken
- chopped onion
Binder (use one of the following):
- 2 tbsp Egg-free Mayo (we like Vegenaise) (count this option as your fat)
- OR use a fat-free, high protein plain yogurt (we like Siggi’s) if you don’t have a dairy sensitivity (count this towards your protein)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice chicken, onion and cilantro.
- Mix with egg-free mayo OR fat-free yogurt.
- Serve chicken salad in a lettuce cup, on top of a tomato, on a rice cake, on top of zucchini noodles, etc.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if it needs it.
Dr. C’s gift for figuring out what really works has helped hundreds of thousands of people reverse thyroid disease, lose weight, diabetes, and regain energy. Learn more about the surprising story that started his quest.