The opportunity behind a crisisMarch 22, 2020
Don’t hold stillMarch 23, 2020
We used lean ground turkey. Any ground meat or meat substitute can work. You have lots of options with the beans as well. Kidney beans are classic but most times are fine. Besides black beans, pintos, garbanzos, and northern beans are great in this dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 pound of ground meat or substitute
- ½ onion (or ½ cup of frozen chopped onions)
- 3 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, with liquid
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- Lightly spray 4-quart pot with oil.
- On medium-high heat, saute onions until translucent – about 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times. Remove from pot.
- Add meat and sprinkle with salt. Cook 1-2 minutes until seared, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir and cook on high until lightly boiling.
- Reduce to a low simmer.
- Cook for 45 minutes uncovered.
- Turn off heat, let rest 10 minutes and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed
P.S. Whenever you are ready, here is how I can help you now:
1. Download and use my Favorite Recipes Cookbook Here
2. Check out my podcast Medical Myths, Legends, and Fairytales Here
Dr. Alan Glen Christianson (Dr. C) is a Naturopathic Endocrinologist and the author of The NY Times bestselling Adrenal Reset Diet and The Metabolism Reset Diet.
Dr. C’s gift for figuring out what really works has helped hundreds of thousands of people reverse thyroid disease, lose weight, diabetes, and regain energy. Learn more about the surprising story that started his quest.