Fresh Spring Gazpacho
As the weather warms up, enjoy this fresh cold soup for a healthy quick lunch. Use all of your favorite fresh herbs to make it even more flavorful!
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 11/4 cups)
- 3 cups canned tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as tarragon, thyme, or parsley), chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Kosher salt
- Cayenne pepper
1. In a bowl, reserve 2 tablespoons each of the tomato, cucumber, pepper, and onion to garnish.
2. In the food processor or blender, purée the remaining ingredients until smooth, adjusting the seasoning to taste with lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper.
3. Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 3 hours but preferably overnight. Adjust the consistency as desired with water. Serve in chilled bowls garnished with the reserved vegetables.
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*