Are your meds helping or hurting?February 11, 2016
#1 of 20 Types of FiberFebruary 11, 2016
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped, fresh chives
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 (4-6 ounce) grass-fed steaks, cut about 1-inch thick
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and add 2 tsp salt. Reduce heat and simmer until tender. Drain and return to the pot. Toss in chives, 2 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp of vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, 3 tbsp water, the remaining vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are soft and the liquid is thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Cook until desired doneness, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- Serve the tomato vinaigrette over the steak with the sweet potatoes alongside.