Green Power Salad
This hearty green salad makes a wonderful summer meal! If you have been waiting to try kale, this is the recipe for you! Save time by pre grilling the chicken and having it already chopped up in the fridge!
- Greens Salad
- 2 cups green chard, thinly chopped into ribbons
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced into ribbons (dinosaur kale used)
- *both greens organic
- 1/2 cup chick peas / garbanzo beans (canned/organic)
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced (+ a few slices for garnish)
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- Sunny Maple Tahini Dressing
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp creamy tahini, organic
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- a few pinches black pepper
- pinch salt
- pinch cayenne
1. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl, briskly stir with a fork until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
2. Rinse your greens under hot water. Then rinse in chilled water. Spin or pat dry. Slice into thin ribbons and place in large mixing bowl. Add lemon zest.
3. Rinse beans in hot water then in cold water. Remove chickpea skins if desired. Toast in saute pan if desired. Set aside.
4. Dice avocado and add to greens bowl. Set aside a few slices for garnish.
5. Add your dressing to your greens bowl and toss well. If you do not like your avocado a bit soft-edged from the tossing, add it after tossing greens with dressing.
6. Fold chickpeas and grilled chicken into the greens.
7. I like the salad best when chilled in the fridge for at least an hour so the tahini gets all chilled and creamy. (But you can also eat right away.) To serve: Place greens on serving plate. Top with avocado. Drizzle with omega-rich oil if desired.
For more recipes and health tips, enter your information below.
*We respect your privacy and will not share your information.*