- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups of cabbage, thinly sliced
- Bell peppers – 1 red, 1 green, cored, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 – 15 ounce can of pineapple wedges, drained
- Shrimp, thawed, deveined, and tails removed – 1 pound
- 1 tbsp tamari wheat-free soy sauce
- 1/4 – 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp arrowroot or flour of choice, mixed into 1/2 cup water
- Use a heat resistant oil spray to mist a medium saucepan.
- On medium heat saute the onions until clear, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove onions, add 1/2 cup water.
- Add cabbage, bell peppers, and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are starting to soften and most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Remove vegetables.
- Apply oil spray, let pan reheat for 10-15 seconds.
- Saute shrimp, stirring often until lightly pink – 2-4 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients – stir 1-2 minutes until sauce is thick and pineapples are warm.
- Serve over cooked rice