CarageenanJuly 23, 2016
Gas and BloatingJuly 26, 2016
Kabobs (or kebabs) and skewers are great when you’re grilling for a crowd because you can easily make it custom to what you like. Not to mention the fun colors always please as well. :) Kids love them and they’re great for the summer time!
Serve with organic long grain basmati rice to include your good carbs. Use 1/2 cup cooked for lunch or 3/4 cup cooked for dinner.
If you’re not in a rush, use the sauce as a marinade and soak the chicken overnight.
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
- 1.5 pounds organic boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 large pineapple cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce/ coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh juices orange or pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
To make sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
To make skewers:
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in a large pan of water for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Combine the chicken and half of the teriyaki sauce in a large ziplock bag or bowl, and toss until the chicken is evenly coated. Seal or cover, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up the veggies and pineapple, and add them to a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil until evenly coated.
- Then when the veggies, pineapple and chicken are all ready, thread them onto the skewers.
- Arrange skewers as follows: red peppers, chicken, pineapple, green peppers, red onion, repeat.) Season each skewer with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to 400°F, and brush the grates with extra olive oil.
- Place the skewers on the grill, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Remove the skewers from the grill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the the reserved (unused) sauce with the sesame oil, then brush the sauce onto on both sides of the skewers. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! :)