This recipe is great for someone looking for fast, easy, and delicious. It can be made with premade organic sausages or with fresh ones. Just make sure they are nitrite free and lower fat. It’s a perfect fall dish and kids love it too! Enjoy!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes (skinned and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- l large butternut squash (skinned and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper cut into quarters
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into quarters
- 1 medium organic honey crisp apple cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb organic chicken sausage links
- 1 medium chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste (non-iodized salt, Diamond, or Mortons brands)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once vegetables and apple are prepped, throw into a large bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat the vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, and spread out the vegetables into a single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until veggies are golden brown on the edges. (Set aside)
- While vegetables are roasting, cook your sausage. Heat up a large skillet to medium high heat, add remaining olive oil.
- Cook until brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and onion, continue to cook sausage and onions until sausage is cooked through and no longer pink (about another 3-5 minutes). Remove sausage from the pan, and let cool slightly before cutting into small pieces.
- Toss vegetables with sausage, onions, and garlic. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh sage.
- Enjoy! 🙂