How to Improve Blood SugarApril 10, 2020
Current Evidence for Meal ReplacementApril 11, 2020
If you can find brussel sprouts in your local stores right now, this is a great side dish that works with any type of protein; beef, poultry, soy, or fish.
You can keep it mild and use salt and pepper, or you can spice things up and add color with chili flakes or smoked paprika. For something light and fresh, you can also add fresh lemon. Because it is a neutral flavored vegetable, you have lots of options for how you want to season it. Use what you have on hand and you’ll be fine. The biggest secret to getting these crunchy and caramelized is to not stir very often. They are wonderful warm, and they taste great heated up the next day too.
Prep time: 7 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Non-iodized salt
- Optional: Chili flakes, or Paprika (smoked paprika gives it a fun flavor if you have it. If not, use what you have).
- Remove stems of Brussel sprouts. Cut in half.
- Lightly spray the pan with oil (we like avocado oil). Heat the pan to medium-high heat and add Brussel sprouts.
- Drizzle with oil and stir until mostly coated.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes (don’t stir), until they start to brown.
- Cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and optional paprika.
Cooking times may vary depending on your heat source. The goal is to get them golden brown and soft in the center.
P.S. Whenever you are ready, here is how I can help you now:
1. Download and use my Favorite Recipes Cookbook Here
2. Check out my podcast Medical Myths, Legends, and Fairytales Here
3. Come see one of my Doctors that specialize in Thyroid Care Here
Dr. Alan Glen Christianson (Dr. C) is a Naturopathic Endocrinologist and the author of The NY Times bestselling Adrenal Reset Diet and The Metabolism Reset Diet.
Dr. C’s gift for figuring out what really works has helped hundreds of thousands of people reverse thyroid disease, lose weight, diabetes, and regain energy. Learn more about the surprising story that started his quest.